1. What are gift memberships?
Gift memberships are a way for you to give the gift of The Fire Island Fifty Fifty eNewsletter. They are for either 1 or 2 years of access to the eNewsletter.
2. Can I purchase a gift membership for someone who is already a subscriber?
No. You can only give a gift membership to a new digital subscriber. If the intended recipient is an existing member, they won't be able to redeem the gift.
3. How is the gift membership delivered?
You will be required to supply a recipient e-mail address during the purchase. An e-mail containing a redemption code is sent to the recipient e-mail address you provide on the date you specify. The e-mail will also include a short message that you provide during the order process.
4. Can I purchase multiple gift memberships?
Yes. Any number of Gift memberships can be added to the Shopping Cart. Please note, a single recipient cannot redeem multiple gift memberships at once.
5. Can I schedule the delivery of my gift?
Yes, you can set the date the gift e-mail will be sent to the recipient during the order process. You can also choose to have the gift e-mail sent immediately after purchase.
6. I tried to give a gift membership and the recipient never got the redemption e-mail — what should I do?
The redemption e-mail will not be sent until the delivery date specified during the purchase process. If that date has passed and the recipient still hasn't received the redemption e-mail, please contact Customer Service.
7. What are the terms of sale for gift memberships?
The full purchase price for gift memberships will be charged at the time of purchase and is nonrefundable.
Gift memberships are one-time purchases. For more information, see the TERMS OF SALE. Redemption codes are not replaceable and will expire if not redeemed within one year of the purchase date. Please note, additional or different terms may apply for complimentary gift memberships.
8. How are gift membership purchases billed?
We accept major credit cards. Orders are processed at the time of purchase.
9. I received a gift membership — what do I get?
Gift memberships give the gift of The Fire Island Fifty Fifty eNewsletter's 10 annual issues.
10. How do I redeem my gift membership?
Click on the link provided in the redemption e-mail you received, and enter your information to redeem and begin your membership.
11. What is a complimentary gift membership?
It is a promotional offer provided by The Fire Island Fifty Fifty. Additional details about the benefits and terms for complimentary gift memberships will be included in the offer.
12. Why do I need to provide my mailing address to complete the gift membership redemption process?
We ask for your address for reporting and/or accounting purposes. We will not send mail to the address you provide.
13. Do I have to log in or create an account to redeem my gift?
Yes. Your gift membership must be associated with an existing FI5050.com account.
14. I'm having trouble redeeming my gift membership. What should I do?
If you are receiving an error on the redemption page, you can contact CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Existing subscribers are not eligible to receive a gift membership. If you are not eligible for a gift but you have received one, can give the gift to someone else by forwarding the redemption e-mail.
15. What should I do if I received a gift membership but I am already a FI5050 subscriber?
Existing digital subscribers are not eligible for a gift membership. You can give this gift to someone else by forwarding the redemption e-mail.
16. What happens if I lose the gift e-mail my redemption code was included in?
The e-mail address of the person who gave you the gift is required to recover your redemption code. You can call Customer Service at (631) 583-5085 — you will need to provide the e-mail address of the person who gave you the gift at that time.
17. Can I send this gift to someone else?
Yes. You can send this gift to someone else by forwarding the redemption e-mail you received. A gift membership can only be redeemed once.
18. Do I need to give my credit card information to redeem my gift membership?
No. To redeem a gift membership you are only required to have a FI5050.com account and to provide your email address, street address and a contact phone number.
19. When does my membership begin?
Your gift membership access begins as soon as you complete the redemption process.
20. What happens when the gift membership period ends?
You will no longer receive the Fire Island Fifty Fifty eNewsletter or have unlimited access to the FI5050.com Web site included in your membership. If you would like to regain access, you can make your own purchase.
21. How long do I have to redeem a gift membership?
An unredeemed gift membership redemption code remains active for one year from the date of purchase. Please note, additional or different terms may apply for complimentary gift memberships.